Wednesday, October 28, 2009


ROLLING WITH THE PUNCHES- I made a template out of a quarter sheet of cardstock and punched various sizes of circles in it. Then I laid this over bashful blue cardstock and rolled over it with the Snowman fun wheel with brilliant blue ink. Before removing the template, I outlined each circle with a white gel pen, then removed the template. I stamped the Snowman on whisper white and colored in. and mounted it on brilliant blue cardstock then on the bashful blue and mounted it all on Brilliant blue card base.
SCALLOPED FLOWERS- I punched out the scalloped circles and then slit each one on every other scallop so they looked like little hearts. Then sponged the edges and laid them face up on a spongy mat. Using the back end of my paper piercer, I pressed into each petal almost out to the edge to make the edges pop up, then I pressed into the center to make them pop more. And then added a ½ inch circle in the center of each flower. I mounted these on artichoke then hunter and mounted on soft suede card base

WATER WASHED BACKGROUND- I used watercolor paper and Dusty Durango, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry Ink. First I used a very wet aquapainter and brushed the top with Durango ink, then the middle with pumpkin Pie and bottom with Curry. You want the aquapainter very wet so you get ink on smooth slightly overlapping each color then go over it again with just water to blend better… Dry with heat gun, then I stamped the images from Nature Silhouettes Stamp set with black craft ink.



EASY PINWHEEL CARD- I punched out 8- 1 ¼ squares of doublesided designer paper, and adhered 4 to a 2 5/8” square of handsome hunter cardstock using Dotto repostional adhesive, I put the dotto on the green not each square. Then I lifted the edge of each square and inserted a square of other side of paper diagonally inside. Then once I was all finished with that, I mounted another 2 5/8” inch square of green on the back to finish off the matted look. I adhered all of that on kraft cardstock and mounted on another piece of hunter with small hunter photo corners and mounted on bravo burgendy card base.



No comments: